Service templates are now available to streamline your workflow and enhance your client onboarding process. Here's what they can do for you:
- Accelerated Client Onboarding: Cut down on time-to-first shift with pre-configured service templates.
- Consistent Service Organization: Maintain standardized naming conventions and bill rates.
- Error Prevention: Reduce downstream errors when reviewing shifts and invoices.
- Standardized Invoicing: Easily apply specific invoicing methods per service type (e.g., Private Pay, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, Long Term Care Insurance, Veterans Affairs).
How it works
- Access Service Templates: Navigate to your workspace settings and select "Service Templates."
- Create a Template: Click "Create" and complete the service template form, specifying service type, name, and invoicing method.
- Add Bill Rates: After saving the template, go to your new service template to add bill rates (with the option to set a default rate).
- Apply Templates: In a Care Recipient's profile, under the "Services" tab, select "Add Service" and then "Use Template."
- Choose a Template: Pick the desired service template, which will auto-fill most information in the Create Service form (except service start and end dates). Enter these dates and click "Save."
- Customize as Needed: You can modify the service before or after creation; templates are a data copy, not linked or conditional.
- Naming Flexibility: There's no wrong way to name services, but consider how they appear to clients and caregivers on shifts and invoices.
- Service Naming Guidance: How do you name/describe your services on your website? What do 3rd party payers call the services they hire you to provide? Are services specific to a location, price, level or duration of care you provide?
Start using Service Templates today to simplify your workflow and enhance client management in Careswitch.
Improved Shift Assignment
We've updated the way you assign shifts, making scheduling more efficient for your staff while facilitating greater accountability among caregivers.
- Assign caregivers to individual or recurring shifts by 'Offering' shifts to them.
- Caregivers are instantly notified via push notifications whenever a shift is offered to them. They can conveniently access pending offers through their shift inbox on the native app, where they can also review the care plan, tasks, documents, and shift location.
- Once caregivers accept the offered shifts, the shift status is promptly updated to 'Scheduled,' providing clarity on confirmed assignments. If a caregiver declines the offer, the shift status changes to "Declined".
- Caregivers are now required to accept or decline all shifts within an offer. For example, if you offer John Smith an 8-4 PM shift on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, he will be prompted to accept or decline all shifts at once.
- We've introduced three new shift statuses to facilitate better tracking of shift lifecycles: 'Offer Pending,' 'Unassigned,' and 'Declined.'
- In the event that you need to revoke an offer and assign it to someone else, a record of the offered shift(s) will be kept in the employee profile's schedule tab, labeled "Withdrawn".
3 Flexible Offer Methods
You now have multiple options to quickly offer individual and recurring shifts.
- When creating individual or repeating shifts in the care recipient's "Schedule" tab, you can handpick the employee you'd like to offer the shift(s) to. Once saved, the offer will be sent, and you'll observe the newly created shift(s) with the "Offer Pending" status.
- Alternatively, you can create shifts without immediate assignment, marking them as "Unassigned." When you're ready to make an offer, simply select the "Offer to Employee" option from the more options menu (•••) on the shift.
- If you want to use AI to help finding a caregiver, select the "Recommend Caregivers" option from the more options menu (•••). Our AI Command Center will guide you through the process and help you find the perfect match. Once identified, instruct the AI to offer the shift on your behalf.
Important:In cases where multiple caregivers share the same first name, it's crucial to be explicit with the AI to ensure it assigns the correct caregiver, avoiding any scheduling confusion.
Fixes & Improvements
- Display number of conflicts and previous declines when selecting an employee to offer a shift
- Updated mobile app icon to help employees differentiate between legacy Careswitch and Careswitch AI
- Tables now remember scroll position when navigating in and out of resources via browser back button
- Moved all data table pagination (bottom left) to avoid overlap with the Command Center button (bottom right)
- Removed view restrictions to care plans, tasks, and documents for offered and scheduled shifts. This enhancement allows caregivers to preview shift information prior to clocking in.
Employee Native App
- Upon signing in, employees will now be greeted with the following screen, and prompted to complete their matching criteria.
- Employees are now required to complete all matching criteria sections to access to their schedule, chat and profile in the native app.
- Added a new column to the employees table to indicate if employees have "Complete" or "Incomplete" matching criteria. This is designed to help agency staff track who has not completed their matching criteria via the native app.
Fixes & Improvements
- Made improvements to reduce the frequency of duplicate sections generated by the AI assistant.
- Implemented an AI Evaluation Suite to better test and track AI performance
- Implemented a refreshed Care Recipients table view with new Display > Group by functionality. More display and filter options are on the way.
We have made a number of fixes and improvements to our AI-powered assessment and care plan workflows.
Fixes & Improvements
- Added the ability to delete unsigned assessments and care plans to help with version management and testing
- Introduced a "Save Draft" button for unsigned care plans and assessments, allowing you to save them for future edits. Please note that care plans and assessments no longer auto-save. Users need to "Save Draft" to confirm changes
- Added the ability for individual sections to be deleted. This will help alleviate the duplicate section issue, until that bug is fixed
- Fixed a bug preventing formatting (heading, bold, list) from "sticking" when applied to text
- Fixed a bug preventing care plans from properly rendering in the native app
- AI assistant is generating duplicate care plan and assessment sections
Employee Licenses & Certifications
Employee profiles now feature a new
Licenses & Certificationssection that enables managing various documents like Driver's License and HHA Certificate as well as setting renewal reminders to be notified when they near expiration.
Notes and Reminders
We've brought back the popular notes feature to the new employee profiles, allowing users to access employee notes from any profile tab as well as send email reminders at any time and date in the future.
Reports Beta Update
We have added a number of new charts to our Reports Beta. All charts currently show month-to-date data compared to the previous month's data. We will continue to update you as new charts and functionality become available.
- Workspace Growth shows active employees vs active care recipients
- Employee Turnover shows total dismissed employees
- Care Recipient Churn shows total archived care recipients
- Rate Averages shows average pay rate vs average bill rate
- Shifts Completed show total completed shifts per day
- Hours Recorded shows total completed hours per day
Important: Charts may look slightly empty for the time being. Each day, as data is collected, you will begin to see charts look more complete.
- Returned the ability to upload documents on employee profiles
- Added the ability to rename documents after initial upload
- Added a column in document tables to show who uploaded each document
- Improved mobile experience when viewing employee documents
Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed a bug preventing users from downloading paystubs
- Full-Service Payroll subscribers can set an employee's residence as their primary work location– which will result in all tax calculations being based on the residence location.
- Updated the All Employees table filter to better handle multiple filter combinations
All Employees Table
A new look and feel to help manage employees at scale
- Updated table design with new columns to show more employee profile data
- Improved search, sort and filter functionality across all employee profiles
- Documents shared with all employees have been moved to a dedicated all "Documents" tab in the workspace's primary navigation
- New "Create Employee" workflow
- New "Dismiss Employee" workflow for Full-Service Payroll subscribers
Employee Workspace Status
Simplified employee profile status' to streamline onboarding and dismissal
- Active:Access to workspace based on the role assigned during profile creation
- Dismissed:Employee is no longer employed. Limited profile access
Create & Invite Employee
Adding an employee to the workspace has been reduced to a single step
- After creating an employee profile, the new employee will receive an email and text containing a link to join your workspace
- Employees must click the link and sign in to access the workspace
- Employees will no longer be listed as "Pending" approval to join the workspace
- Newly created employee profiles are automatically set to "Active"
- If your business is subscribed to Full-Service Payroll, employees will be guided through payroll enrollment
Employee profiles have been re-designed to improve data collection and organization
- Updated Profile tab now includes properties for languages, pronouns, ethnicity and marital status
- New Employment tab contains employee/employer properties, an updated pay rate management experience, and a refreshed payroll onboarding tracker for workspaces that use Full-Service Payroll
- New Pay tab to view and download paystubs (Full-Service Payroll Only)
Full-Service Payroll subscribers will now see a "Dismissal Summary" on a dismissed Employees Profile > Employment Tab
Removed the master list of pay rates from workspace settings. Pay rates are now managed exclusively in an Employee’s Profile > Employment Tab > Pay Rates section
- Removed the ability to create custom pay rate codes in workspace settings and on employee profiles
- Introduced workspace default pay rate earning codes for hourly employees: Base (Required), Weekend and Holiday
- Any employee that did not have a default pay rate has been assigned a base pay rate of $7.25 (Federal minimum wage requirement)
Important: We recommend reviewing employee pay rates in Employee Profile > Employment Tab to make sure they are set appropriately.
Employee Notes & Reminders
We have temporarily removed notes and reminders from employee profiles. All employee notes / reminders data is safe and will be made available when we launch a refreshed version of these features with our next release.
Introduced a new all documents page in the workspace primary navigation.
- Upload documents and select to share with:
- Limited:Only employees that have access to the all "Documents" page, in the workspace's primary navigation, will see the document
- Employees:Documents uploaded will become available in Employee Profile > Documents Tab
Important: If your business previously uploaded documents in the legacy Employees > Documents view, you will need to download and re-upload documents to the new Documents view. We have also temporarily removed documents that were uploaded to individual employees. The documents are safe and they will be added back to employee profiles with our next release.
Account Sign In
User account passwords have been removed from Careswitch
- Users can now sign in using the email or mobile number associated with their account
- Upon entering an email or mobile number, users will be sent a verification code that must be entered to authenticate into their account.
Account Creation + Workspace Creation
- New user account creation and workspace creation forms for all new businesses and users signing up to use Careswitch.
Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed a bug that prevented updating client bill rates on invoices
- New customer support chat and bug ticketing system
We released a new,
freereports dashboard for business administrators that's currently in beta. We will be adding charts and tweaking the dashboard in the coming weeks based on your feedback and continued improvements to our platform.
Later this year we will also launch advanced roles and permissions to enable finer grained controls for who can access these reports.
- Primary side-navigation now collapses to icons
- Added truncation to long breadcrumbs
- Improved visual layout of mobile web channel list
It's tax season! Premium payroll admins can now send emails to employees that request electronic copies of their W-2.
Go to Payroll > Settings and select to view the new "Tax Documents" page. You will see a list of your employees, their federal taxable wages and an option to send them an email that contains their W2.
Upgrade to take advantage of new channel types and expanded moderation tools. Message individual employees, create channels with specific members, or send one-way broadcast notifications to the whole company– all with HIPAA-compliant, easy-to-use chat inside Careswitch.
- Chat 1-on-1, or with up to 10 people in a direct message
- Businesses that do not upgrade to Premium Chat can still use direct messaging for free
- As the name suggests, private channels have member lists that allow you to add and remove users as-needed
- For example, create a private channel named after a client, then add members to facilitate care team communication
- Also useful for private administrator discussions
- Publicly visible channels that everyone in the org can participate in
- Active employees can join and leave public channels at will
- Like public channels, but admins can broadcast read-only messages to all members of the channel
- Useful for announcements, sharing available shifts and notifications
- Updated channel list design to improve readability
- Added member count and avatar preview of channel members
- Ability to preview the last message sent in a chat
- Icons to visually indicate channel type
Additional Chat Features
- Ability for admins to delete member messages in channels (Premium Only)
- Ability to see a list of all current members in a channel
- Ability for admins to manage chat subscription
Fixes & Improvements
- Added the ability to select an employee's last day during dismissal
- Added the ability to pro-rate daily rates when editing shifts in payroll
- Fixed employees ability to access paystubs from payday emails
- Timezone is now more apparent in payroll
- Fixed employee invite links
- Improved syncing between employees and workplaces